Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Condolence

It has been raining for 3 days in Brisbane.. Drizzling... Heavy rain..

Last night when I was companying Fang in the boutique where she is working.. I suddenly received a shocking news.. My sis suddenly called me and ask me to call her back.. I felt weird as it was 10++am in the morning in KK.. Sis should be in school.. When I call her back... I was stunned by the news.. My grandpa just passed away.. My sisters were all at home... Waiting for my parents' news.. I was shocked... This year I had experienced 2 death in my family.. My aunty and my grandpa.. And couldn't attend both of their funeral.. I wanted to go back.. But mom said unless my cousin is going back then I will go back.. But cousin went back too many times this year as his mom passed away.. So he is not planning to go back..

I am feeling so down like the downpour outside the window right now.. Although I had the feeling that grandpa would pass away soon when I heard that he was committed in the hospital last week.. But mum just told me night before that he was much better.. But who knows.. Next morning he passed away..

Luckily he passed away peacefully.. Wasn't in much pain... I was thinking.. Why is life so unpredictable? My family was planning to celebrate his birthday this month.. Uncle from US might also come back to celebrate for him.. But instead of celebrating his birthday this month.. We had to tender his lost......

Although wasn't that close to him as he was in Kudat for the pass few years.. Came down to KK only recently.. But from my photos when I was still a baby.. He was also one of them who has taken care of the small and troublesome me.. He is old... Lovable.. Adorable.. I feel so guilty for not being able to go back for his funeral.. To pay him a last respect....

Could someone buy me an air ticket? I wanna go back...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sorry for your lost...
but i'm sure grandpa and your aunty will always be in your heart... they'll be so grateful to have a granddaughter and a niece like you...
time goes on... stay strong girl...